Mariposa Food Co-op is looking for new members! (Click here to join now)
Although Mariposa is open to the public, we encourage you to join. It’s a great way to support Mariposa’s vision of bringing greater access to healthy, locally-grown and sustainably-produced food to the whole neighborhood.
There are many benefits of becoming a member:
- Members receive a discount (5%) on all purchases. Any members who want to be more involved can join one of the working groups that help run the co-op. These working members receive a 10% discount on all purchases.
- As a member you will have a voice and a vote in decisions about the co-op.
- Being a member means investing in a local, community-run business.
- Members receive perks like special promotions and bulk ordering through our suppliers.
Here’s how sign-up works:
Step 1: Complete your membership contact information.
Step 2: Next you will pay your member equity deposit of $200. Each individual member is required to pay a refundable deposit of at least $200, called “member equity.” However, you don’t have to pay it all at once. payment plans starting at $25 at joining available. Though you can deposit extra equity to help the expansion project.
- Household accounts: For households with 2 adults, the equity requirement is $400. For households with 3 or more adults there is an equity discount. See Member Equity FAQ for more information. You should still sign-up as individuals and “merge” your accounts at member orientation.
- Equity payment plans: if you cannot pay the full $200 now, we ask that you put down at least $25 towards membership now.
Step 3: The last step is attending a new member orientation. You can sign up for your orientation now when you register online.
Register now by filling out Mariposa’s Online Joining Form.
More on Co-op Membership:
Each member is required to pay member equity.
- This member equity is your “owner investment” in the co-op. It is a deposit and is refundable when you end your membership.
- There are no monthly or yearly member fees.
- The total member equity for each adult individual is $200*.
- For households with 2 adults, the equity requirement is $400. For households with 3 or more adults there is an equity discount.* New members should still sign-up as individuals. At orientation you can merge your account with a spouse, partner, housemates or anyone living at your address.
- For those who cannot pay $200 upon joining, a minimum payment of $25 is encouraged and $25 will be billed quarterly to accounts who have not reached their $200 ceiling. Additional payment options are available. We never want money to be a barrier to joining!
- For more information visit: *Member Equity FAQ or FAQ for New Members
Not sure about joining? Please stop by our members services desk!