Mariposa Food Co-op strives to provide residents of West Philadelphia and beyond with access to and information about food, especially healthy, locally-grown or otherwise sustainably-produced products. Our primary activity is running a food co-op owned by those who shop there, who actively participate in its governance and operations on an egalitarian consensus-seeking basis.
To do this requires skilled and passionate staff members. If you believe in the power of collective ownership and want to contribute to one of Baltimore Avenue’s fastest growing organizations, then come be a part of the Mariposa community.
Mariposa Food Co-op is an equal opportunity employer.
Assistant Facilities Coordinator
Mariposa Food Co-op is currently seeking an Assistant Facilities Coordinator who will be responsible for assisting the Facilities Coordinator with the ongoing maintenance, safety and compliance of the physical space, people, and equipment of the Mariposa Food Co-op. Please send your resume to email@example.com
Salary/Benefits: $12.75/hour; paid vacation and sick days; shopping discount
Hours: PART-TIME – 20 HOURS/WEEK
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
• Ability to understand and assist in maintaining compliance with state, local and OSHA health and safety building codes and standards
• Able to organize and manage maintenance related to office, retail, overstock and storage space, including fire safety, lighting, signage, HVAC, fixtures, furniture and equipment
• Familiarity with trade skills and handy in carpentry, basic repairs and physical plant maintenance
• Assist with the maintenance of building and staff security and safety including building and equipment inspections, testing and upkeep
• Assist the Facilities Coordinator with effective project management including the ability to cost out projects efficiently, oversee outside contractors, negotiate contractual agreements, and purchase products that contribute to sustainability
• Assist with building and maintaining relevant budgets, spreadsheets and other financial components of facility maintenance
• Assist with policy and procedural development and implementation
• Able to think critically and aid in the development of timely and creative solutions to problems that arise with the physical space
• Experience working in a democratic workplace or co-operative
• Clear written and verbal communication skills; including report writing and analysis
• Able to use computer aided design software, read and use architectural plans
• Able to use MS Office (including MS Word and Excel)
• Able to lift 50+ pounds and work in all weather conditions
At Mariposa, we are always looking for talented and passionate people! If you are interested in applying for a job, please fill out this form. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org